Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Wii

We had a wonderful weekend. Granny Bee, Pappy, and Great Granny came for a visit from PA. They also brought home Ryan, which we are happy to have him back in NC. I can't believe he starts his sophomore year in HS next week! We went to the Cultural Arts Festival on Saturday where Brennan was excited to see several of the acts. We all had a fun time. Then we went to Chilis for lunch and Jeff opened his birthday gifts. And the big surprise this year, I got him the Nintendo Wii. It was especially surprisinging for him because I don't like video games and am not a big fan of the tv in general.....SO I was so excited for him to open it! I am happy I was able to get him something HE really wanted in spite of myself. Ironically, I love it! My family loves bowling, so we played Wii bowling all weekend. Brennan rolled a 100 today, it is so much fun for the whole family. SO EXCITED! We went to Davis' birthday party on Sunday after church. They have an awesome neighborhool pool and Brennan was loving the diving board and slide. He loves his friends (more like his cousins) Grayson and Davis. Kind of funny, Sharon's Grandma and my Granny play cards together back in our hometown area in PA. Sharon and I have been friends since I can ever remember. Our families vacationed together to the "Field of Dreams" and Wrigley Field when we were just young teenagers. It is so awesome that we can still be in each other's lives so many miles away and so many years later.
We ended the weekend with a nice dinner at Daniel's in Fuquay. :) Today we rested, cleaned and did some shopping. My next project is converting our formal dining room into a downstairs playroom, that will be keeping me busy the next few weeks. I plan to do "preschool" with Brennan and Vanessa in the new room; I give myself until October 1st to be fully operational. (lol!)
Also, it is OFFICIAL Jenna Grace is walking like a pro!

No comments: