So recently, I decided when I get ketchup packets and don't use them with fast food, keep them and use them later....... a practice that many people probably have done for a long time, but I usually just threw mine away with the fast food bag (along with any unused napkins, which I am also keeping) It makes me wonder, with everything costing more should we be getting in debt or should we be learning to live off of less. Today, Brennan told me that "he needed the candy bowl with the hand in it" at Target. I gently said, "Brennan, you want that, you don't need it" He was ok with that and when we got home, at lunch today he said "Mommy, I really want that candy bowl with the hand in it, maybe I can ask Santa" I told him to take a minute and look around at our beautiful house, food on the table, more toys that I can count in a day.....we have to always be thankful for what we have not always thinking of what we don't have. As I taught that little lesson today, I recalled a poster I had in my classroom "People learn by what you do and not what you say". So very, very true. Ok, the end of my babble and back to reality.
It has been a while since I have updated my blog, Brian still in the ICU and he has a feeding tube and traech and will hopefully come off the ventilator in a few days. It is hard to be so far away to feel the disconnect; but it is hard for those that are there. Just continue to pray, really no matter where we are that is all we can do.
For my birthday, Jeff got me the K-cup coffee maker, and we have been enjoying trying new coffee flavors and teas. We went to the Third Day concert, with good friends and Third Day was awesome as usual, but we want them to tour by themselves! :) That concert certainly did our hearts good. Jeff had a Fidelity golf outing, which he was able to escape and relax for a day. We enjoyed going to our wonderful neighbors (Kevin and Laura's) to watch the Steelers game. Brennan also was playing Rock Band with "the guys". Brennan has been wearing a Steeler jersey every single day since then. Plus his Granny B got him Steelers socks and I can't wash them fast enough. He takes them off before bed and puts them on when he wakes up. Brennan also started his Computer Class (he is a computer bug) at Planet Child; this also gives me one-on-one time with Jenna which I LOVE. Our friend's the Bruty family (Jeff, Jen, and Hannah) came to see us from Florida. We went to the NC State/FSU game on Saturday which was pretty awesome for tailgating and 20 minutes, but then it poured down rain. We had a wonderful time visiting with them and wished they lived closer. We may try to plan a trip down to see them and go to Sea World soon! Brennan starts his at home preschool tomorrow! :) and Jenna knows where her nose is!
Because of lack of time and the fact that I am SO behind on the blog, I will attachthe snapfish link for the month of September. Copy and paste this into your browser to see snapfish pictures.
http://www1.snapfish.com/share/p=359301222810120255/l=428373701/g=8944876/cobrandOid=1000001/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB
No comments:
Post a Comment