Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Bittersweet






Wow, it has been a while since I have updated the blog! We had a great second half of October. Jeff and Brennan followed the book "Pumpkin Patch Parable" and carved a pumpkin just like the farmer did! Brennan also picked a baby pumpkin for Tulie. (Jenna's nickname) We had good times going over to friends houses and watching Steelers games. We also went up to PA and Morgantown to visit Brian. He is really doing great. He is progressing quickly and we anxiously await our next visit next week. While we were up there, Brennan was able to go to the garage with Pappy one day. And Bren, Jen, Mom and I had a nice day shopping and going to lunch. Granny came to visit as well. Grandma and Pop Pop Grubbs took the kids on Friday to Chuck E Cheese, so they had a blast on the trip up north. We came back and before we knew it was Halloween and our Big Ben and Cheerleader were out collecting their candy. Our neighbor had a wagon attached to his tractor so Brennan was in his glory parading around the neighborhood on that! :) Then we finished the month with great friends and a fire pit night, with Smores for everyone! Ok, almost forgot, back to the title of the blog, today was the last day I will be providing childcare for Vanessa and Landon. It is completely bittersweet. It was a hard day, b/c they are wonderful children and we had a great time with them.......but with us making a trip up north each month-6 weeks, I knew I had to let go of some of my responsibilities. I quit my bunco group and cancelled a few trips, but something else had to go and I was afraid it was going to be my MOPS group.... but to find out, it was the kids. This does allow more flexibility in our schedule when we can make our trips, and it does take some responsiblity off my plate which is good for my family right now. Bittersweet........

No comments: